Experience the wild, beautiful and untouched fjords of Svalbard on a snowmobile.
From Longyearbyen we drive towards Elveneset, a lookout point at the end of the De Geer valley. From this place we have a great view towards Sassenfjorden, Tempelfjorden and Billefjorden.
The mountain Templet, often referred to as the world’s most beautiful mountain by local trappers, can be seen on the other side from our lookout point.
We can also stop in a canyon to visit a frozen waterfall on our way back. This is a great snowmobile adventure with many Arctic highlights!
Our snowmobiles have an industry leading fuel economy and are therefore one of the most environmentally friendly snowmobiles on the market.
- Transport to and from your hotel
- Snowmobile and fuel
- A snowmobile suit, boots, mittens, helmet, goggles and balaclava
- Hot drinks and biscuits
- Search and Rescue Insurance
- Authorized Svalbard guide with necessary safety equipment
- We recommend that you wear warm clothing
- On colder days an extra set of gloves as a liner to our mittens
- A mid-layer consisting of a sweater and pants in wool is recommended
- Down jackets, or other heavily insulated clothing, are not recommended beneath the snowmobile suit
- Our snowmobiles do not have a storage compartment, so a small backpack could be useful for cameras, extra clothing and other small items
- Layer of wool or an equivalent is essential
- A valid driving license for a car or motorcycle must be carried during the whole trip
- Pickup at your hotel. Pick up time can vary on special dates
- We do not recommend joining this trip if you are pregnant or have back problems
DIFFICULTY GRADING SYSTEM
Svalbard has a common grading system so you will find the trip that suits you. There are no snowmobile trips that suit everyone, therefore there’s no grade 1. Highlighted number is graded for this trip:
- 2- Suitable for most without any snowmobile experience, very easy and flat terrain
- 3- Suitable for most without any snowmobile experience, through some rugged terrain
- 4 – Previous snowmobile experience recommended, long day trip
- 5- This activity demands previous snowmobile experience, very long day trip
Terms and conditions here!